Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me Day 9

On Friday I took a field trip with my oldest son.  It was fun, and I got a chance to reconnect with him in a way that I could not have done with everyone else around.  I could have taken my youngest son with us, and it certainly would have been a lot easier to not have to find a babysitter.  However it would not have been so special for either one of us.  Usually I just take everyone to avoid having to ask for help, but I want to try harder to carve out time to spend with each one of the boys. 

I forget just how wonderful it was when my mother or father asked to alone to go with them.  They would always do something special that we never did when it was all of us.  Like get ice cream, get a candy bar, etc.  I felt special when my parent took time out to spend with me and I want my kids to feel that same kind of special.  So I am going to try and be a better me by spending more quality time with each one of my boys individually!!  I think that it would make both of us better people. 
This is my first born baby looking at some barn animals.


Here he is learning how to shoot a bow and arrow.  We had so much mommy/son fun time, I will remember it forever.

If this is your first time here, Thanks for coming!!  Please feel free to leave me a comment, my sons like it when I get comments!! ;)  Have a great evening!

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment