Saturday, October 22, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me day 22

The next idea for me to become a better me is to be in service of someone else. 

There are several ways to do that, today I am in service of my 3 year old.
He woke up this morning sick.  So today I will spend the day watching him sleep, hurrying him to the bathroom, and cleaning up vomit.  Mostly though I will love on him, and make him know that he is loved.

As wives and mothers we spend most of our time in the service of others.  But I would like to be in service of those that are less fortunate than I am.  I already donate food and money, but my husband and I would like to take it to the next step and physically serve people. 

                                                                             source No that is not my husband or me. 

In our neck of the woods, before you can serve food to anyone you have to take a class.  It is called the Food Handlers Course.  I have taken it before, in my younger waitressing days.  Let me tell you it is riveting!!

The hubs and I plan to take the course so that we can give our time to those who could benefit from it.

Ultimately, I think that when you humble yourself to others it is you who benefits.  I also want our children to see the importance of giving of yourself to the service of others.  Not only will I be a better me but hopefully my kids will be better people too!

If this is your first time here, Thanks for coming!!  Feel free to leave me a comment, it humbles me!

Amy from PrimandProgress give me a shout.  I tried to leave a comment and it doesn't seem to be working, I also tried e mail to no avail.  Thanks.

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment