Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me day 13

When I thought about joining in this 31 day series I first sat down and wrote out 31 topics that I would potentially talk about.  I did this for a couple of reasons: first so that I knew that I had enough ideas to make it to day 31, and second, to have a guideline to follow (less thinking). 

Todays topic is learn something new.  I had no idea what it would be that I wanted to learn about but I figured that I would figure it out.  So today I thought about what I would want to learn about.  I have two things actually, the first is something that I am actively doing, and one that I want to do.

The thing that I am actually doing is I am taking a parenting class.  It is called "Parenting with Love and Logic"  some of you may know about it.
                                                                                  source
It is based on the idea that children will learn the most from the natural consequences of their choices.  If the child chooses not to eat, they will be hungry until the next meal is served.  This class has taught me a lot about myself and my children.  I am the kind of mother that tries to do everything, think of everything, and provide everything for my child.  I want my children to be responsible, but I have not been teaching them to be responsible for themselves.  I am working on it!!

The second thing is more fun!!  I want to learn how to garden.  I have always wanted to know how to garden.  I kill everything!!  Over the winter months I would like to read books, take classes, and network with other gardeners to learn what I need to know about how to be a successful gardener . :)

                                                          source I love this kind of gardening.

                                                                                    source I want to some of this kind of gardening.

Knowing how to do this wouldn't be bad either!!

I feel like when I was born I had a natural talent for interior design, and a creative personality.  I feel completely overwhelmed when it comes to choosing plants, placing plants, care of plants, soil (?) the list goes on and on.  So I am going to tackle my fear/desire of gardening, and learn what I can. 
So my 13th way to a better me is to learn something new!!

If this is your first time here Thanks for coming!!  Feel free to leave me a comment its like a learning opportunity! :)

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment