Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me Day 4

Hi Ya'll,  welcome back to my 31 days series on me becoming a better me.  When I was thinking about what I could possibly write about 31 times and becoming a better me the one thing that I kept coming back to was giving. 

Give to someone I don't know

I really want to do better about giving freely.  Giving of my time, money, support, food whatever.  I sometimes worry about giving too much and leaving me and my family in a bad spot.  What I have found is that the more that I give, the more that I receive.  I have never gone hungry from giving food to the needy.  My bank account has always had enough for what I donate and for my families need. 

I used to hold onto things that I was not using for fear that I would need it some day.  Now I just donate it and if I need it some day I will get another.  That is where the blessing for me lies, is in the ability to replace it if I need too.  There are many people in this country and especially in this economic climate that may not have that same luxury of getting the things that they need.  If I can help then that too is a blessing!

I usually have a bag or box that hangs out in a closet collecting donatable items.



When it is full or I get tired of looking at it, I run it over to the Goodwill (LOVE it there).  Usually while I am there it provides a great opportunity to shop and maybe take home a few treasures.

There are other ways of giving to others than just donating to Goodwill.  See if you church has a food program, or a financial aid program.  Don't go to church no problem, you could google charities in your area chances are they could use some help. Or you could contact local churches or schools and ask if they need donations for anything, if you like what they are selling and are able, help out.  You will feel good about it and yourself.

Those who provide are provided for!!

Thank You again for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment