Saturday, October 29, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me day 29

Listen, I have to be honest I am out of inspiration.  I feel like I am at the end of a marathon, where you want to quit running but you're commited so you just keep going. 

Today I was thinking about something.  Something that I guess could make me a better person.  I was petting my dog, and realized that I just don't pay my furry children enough attention.  I mean I talk to them and tell them to get off whatever project I am working on, but not the kind of attention that I used to pay them.

I have two dogs.  Winston a dachshund (weiner dog), and Hunter a German Shorthair Pointer.
I decided to write this post on my pets and set out to take the cutest pet pictures ever.  I got 1 usable shot of Winston (I now know why they say never work with kids or animals, they just will not cooperate!)  Then I went to find Hunter, he was no where to be found.  I was panic stricken. 

We got Hunter when we were 18 (my pre-husband, and I) he was our child before we had children.  There were big consequences that came along with owning him, but we gladly paid those prices.  He was worth it.

Then as child #1 came he got push out a little, and so on for #2 and #3.  It was only natural as actual children came and needed my attention, they got it.  I am sad about that, but it is what it is.

So today when I couldn't find him, my first thought was that something had happened to him. He is 13, it is not out of the question.  I found him and he was fine but it just reiterated to me that I must make them a bigger part of my day!

I think that I would be a better pet owner, a better me.

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a comment!  I am just petting the dog.

I tried to get a picture of Hunter but he just kept thinking that he was in trouble.  So a picture was not worth torturing him over.

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment