Monday, October 3, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me Day 3

Today I am going to discuss one of my biggest problems.  I eat too much.  I mean I eat like a pro NFL linebacker.  I sometimes out eat my husband, let me tell you that there is no reason for me (5' 7" 130ish pounds) to be out eating my 6' 4" 220 ish pound husband.  But I do.  This is a big problem!  I don't know where this habit came from, I have never gone hungry but I feel this urge to eat as much as I can possibly stomach.  I know what you are thinking, that I am a thin girl so what is the problem?  Well the problem is that in college I had a little weight issue not too bad but it made me uncomfortable about myself (ie. self loathing).  I come from a naturally thin family and I felt like a black sheep for being a little "chunky".  After I had my first son I thought that all hope had been lost, but for some reason it was the opposite.  I lost weight, a lot of weight.  100 pounds to be exact (disclaimer: 50 of that was pregnancy weight).  I felt like I had been given another chance.  But here I am overeating and I will end up right back where I was in college.  So I have decided that I am going to eat smaller portions and retrain myself to be satisfied with the new portions. 

Not only that but I find it is a lot easier to to burn calories that I never ate!  Plus I am going to try... ahem.. and eat fewer of these.

By the way these are my weakness... Snacks.  Oh how I love them!  Have you tried those Ritz cheese crackers so good...wait wasn't I talking about eating less junk?  Disregard to ritz cracker comment. 

Plus a big bowl of beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables looks so good on my counter or kitchen table (much better than the Chips Ahoy look on my hips :)

So there you have it my third way of becoming a better me.  Join me tomorrow for another exciting edition of  31 Days to a Better Me!  Thanks for Visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment