Thursday, October 27, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me day 27

We are almost there people!!  Wahoo!

Anyhow, todays topic is near and dear to me.  I want to talk about reduce, reuse, recycle.   I am practically a hippie when it comes recycling, and reducing (as in not wasting), however sometimes the reusing is  a little harder for me. 

When I look at a used soup can, I don't automatically think about awesome path lanterns.
                                                                                     source
Okay, so I really just throw it in the recycle bag and move on.  But maybe I should spend more time thinking about what I can reuse otherwise discarded items for.  I am cheap and reusing items that I have already paid for seems to fit the bill.

Look at some of the other cute things that I found while out looking for inspiration.
                                                                       salvagedgrace.com
Those are old light bulbs...so cute.

                                                                           source
You know because everyone has stacks of burlap coffee bags laying around the house!


                                                                                 source
That light is made of recycled paper, maybe not for my house but still cute!

There is so much inspiration out there, there is really no reason not to reuse.  Well, other than laziness/business which may also be my problem.

I think that reusing will make me a better person!

If this is your first time here, Hey thanks for looking!!  Feel free to leave me a comment, especially if you have the low down on some great recycle/reuse projects.  Also go an check out salvagedgrace.com  that girl has some great ideas on how to reuse!

Sunny

1 comment: