Thursday, October 6, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me Day 6

Welcome back to my series where I am discovering 31 ways to a better me!  There are days where I feel overwhelmed, just wound tight and unfortunately it affects my interactions with my family.  I find that I either tune out and focus on what else I need to get done, or I snap at the slightest thing.  I want to change that!! 

I would like to find other ways to release some of the tension in my life.  When I started to think of all the ways that I could slow down and unwind the first thing that came to my mind was Yoga!  I love yoga.  I took a class shortly after the birth of my first son and fell head over heels.  It made me feel quiet, graceful (which unfortunately I am not), and energized.  I have yoga books, and yoga on my Wii, but for some reason it is not a daily part of my life. 
                                                                          source

I want to be more diligent in my life and I want to make yoga a part of my new and improved Me.  I think yoga would be a great tension reliever as well as the added physical benefits (have you ever seen the bodies on those yoga masters...yes please!)  In my class we also took some time at the end of class for a short session of meditation.  Yesterdays post talked about meditation/prayer and its benefits to life. 


I think that at first I will probably only devote a few minutes a day to some yoga poses, perhaps in the morning to get me awake and alert.  I would hope to increase that amount of time as my knowledge of the art increases.  I think that my kids, husband, and dogs would appreciate a calmer more relaxed me!

So there you have it my 6th way to a better me.  If this is your first time here, Thanks for coming.  Feel free to leave me a comment...it relaxes me ;)  Have a great day!!

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment