Friday, October 7, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me Day 8

When I outlined my 31 day topics I wrote that today was "Find something that I love".  When I wrote it down I thought that I would talk about some that I had bought while thrifting, garage saleing, or shopping.  Today I was on my way to the Goodwill to see if I could find just the thing.  As I was driving down the street I passed a chunk of wood laying on the side of the road.  At first I thought "wow that piece of wood has a nice diameter" I actually kept driving.  Then I thought "I need to stop and get that piece of wood" I put on the brakes, and threw it in reverse.  My son hopped out of the car and grabbed it for me.  I had no idea how cool it would be.  The bark is beautiful, and there are these little hash marks on it that my boys swear are from a wild animal.

Here are the hash marks.


I have no idea what caused this but I kinda dig it.  The first thing out of my sons mouth after picking it up was "what are you going to do with it".  Honestly I don't know.  I just know that I love this piece of wood.  Is that bizarre? 
The point of all of this is that you never know what it is that you are going to love.  Just be open to loving it.  I could have bought something, and I probably would have loved it as much as this wood, but I was open to loving the wood on the side of the road. 

By the way this is probably what I will do with the wonder wood.

                                                                      source
Only probably with pillar candles.  Now I am on the hunt for more wood to love!

If this is your first time here Thanks for coming.  Please feel free to leave a comment, I wood love it! LOL.

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment