Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me day 16

There has been a journey going on in my life for a couple of years now.  It has been a long road but I am happy to report that the road has ended.

For about two years now I have been looking for the perfect riding boots.  I found lots that I loved online, but in person they would fall short of my expectations. 

One day I was browsing online at Vonmaur.com and stumbled upon some great looking boots.  They were called the Hobart riding boot made by Ecco.  They looked good online but the true test would be when I saw them in person.  One day I stopped in the Von Maur and thought that this would put an end to it.  Much to my surprise I loved them more in person than I had online.  RATS.  Now I knew that I really wanted them.


The problem is that now I agonized over these boots for weeks, wanting them but feeling guilty about spending so much money on myself.  My husband told me to just go and get them, but something was holding me back.

Then one day I was whining  talking to my mother about how  I wanted these boots, and had been looking so long...and on..and on.  Then my mother said something that made real sense to me.  She said that we as mothers spend so much time caring for, providing for other people that sometimes we forget to care for ourselves.

The truth is that I spend so much time in the mommy trenches cleaning, laundering, wiping up, cleaning poo, taking temperatures etc that I don't feel special most of the time.  Every once in a while if I am able ($) it is okay; if not recommended, to provide for myself and make myself feel special.

If I feel good about myself, I will be a better mother, a better person, and that will provide for my children too!

So I got those boots, and they are YUMMY!

Today I am being a better me by treating myself once in a while. 

Thank You for visiting today,  Feel free to leave me a comment!  Reading them is like treating myself!

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment