Tuesday, October 18, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me day 18

I just got home from a field trip with my middle sons class.  We went to the pumpkin patch and it was cold, windy, and great to spend some time with my firecracker! 

I have to tell you that I am painfully shy around people that I do not know, especially women.  So being in situations like today; surrounded by moms that I don't know, can be awkward for me.  I tend to stay to the side and not talk to anyone.  I guess I feel that if I don't open up to people then I am safer. 

This series has me evaluating myself, the things that I like about me and the things that I don't love so much.  One of the things that I would like to change is I would like to participate more.   Participate in conversation, groups, and activities.  I think that putting myself out there and participating would make me a better me.

So today I made it a point to put on my most personable face and engage in conversation with the other moms.  You know what I found, they are nice and wanted someone to talk to also.  We had a much funner time talking and laughing about our kindergarteners!

I am trying to join in at the PTO group (Parent Teacher Organization), and at church too.  I still have a long way to go but someday I think that it will get easier.

I think that having this blog has helped too.  I participate in a community of women that are supportive of me in a way that I haven't experienced before.  Thank You!  You have helped me in ways that you don't know!!

So to wrap it up I thought that I would throw in a picture of my little man with his perfect pumpkin!
By the way, I got all excited thinking that I was going to be able to buy a beautiful blue, green, grey pumpkin like the ones that I keep seeing around blogland...apparently no one told the Kansas growers that they are cool.  They didn't have any.  Sad Face! 

If this is your first time here, Thanks for coming!!  Feel free to leave me a comment, it is fun to participate!!

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment