Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pinterest Challenge

Okay Sherry from Young House Love has issued a challenge.  It is a Pinterest challenge.  Find a project on Pinterest that you have pinned to accomplish some day but haven't.  The time is now. 

I am trying to carve out a little spot in the house for all of my bloggy, crafty, housey endeavors.  I really wanted to have a pin board, but I didn't know what I wanted it to look like.  Then I saw this idea on Pinterest, and I knew that I wanted that for my space.

                                                                               Via Pinterest
 So I went to Wally World and looked for some clip boards.  I had two choices, clear plastic with the cool clips like in the picture above, or MDF  with lame clips.  I knew that I wanted to paint them so the clear plastic didn't seem like the right choice, so I got the ones with the lame clips.  I will live, or I will redo them.


So I took them out back and laid out newspaper to spray paint on and went to town.  Yeah, that spray paint sucked straight in.  I hate it when projects make you do it the right way.

So out to  the garage, fingers crossed that there will be some primer so that I won't have go back to the Wally.  Yes, we had some!!  Back out I go.  Geez.  The primer had one of those caps that require a screw driver to get the lid off....Gah!!

Sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do!!

Out back again.  I spray the second clipboard with primer.  Success!

Once I knew that it would work I layed down the other four clipboards and primed the rest.  When the first one was dry I primed it too.


It was getting dark so I left my project for the next day.  I hate leaving projects half done don't you?

So the next day I got back to my project.  Here is the thing...I live in Kansas (super wind).  Spray painting outside, in Fall, in Kansas wind, not really one of my best ideas!  Lets just say that my project is..um...organic....mkay!

I did like four coats of off white Krylon gloss spray paint.  I didn't tape off the lame clips, I just painted it like the rest.  Probably cause I didn' t like the clips and just wanted them to go away.

Aren't they cute?  I wanted to have 2 rows of 3.  My clipboards had little clips for hanging.  So to figure out the spacing I put 2 clipboards right next to each other and measured the distance between the 2 hanging holes.  Then I added 3 inches the distance that I wanted in between clipboards.  So I pounded in 3 nails level for my top tow.  I pretty much used the same technique for finding the measurement for the bottom row.  I  just lined up two of the clipboards top to bottom and added four inches this time.  Then I used the previous measurements to line up the bottom row.  Clear as mud right?  Trust me it really wasn't rocket science!!  You got this.

What do you think?  Cute right?  I am thinking about adding some sort of words or something.  I just don't know yet.  And to be quite honest, I will probably redo them with clipboards with cool clips...the lame ones just bother me.  Wah wah.

Anyhoo,  Thanks for looking at my Pinterest Challenge project.  Feel free to leave me a comment, I am just surfing Pinterest...I've got time!

Sunny

1 comment:

  1. yes! how awesome. i've been thinking of adding some of these to my childrens' play room. i saw the clipboards at our local dollar store. for a mere buck a piece, there's no excuse for me not to start!

    ReplyDelete