Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Women of Faith Conference

So I survived my weekend of women!  I was a little nervous but I did it, and you know what I had a great time.  In case you don't know what I am talking about, I went with 101 other women from my church to an all women conference called Women of Fath.  I have to tell you that I went by myself.  I mean that I didn't have a sidekick, which was scary for me.  But I felt like this is the thing that I was supposed to do so that is what I did.

I am glad that I did.  I made some new friends.
The one on the left is a fellow blogger named Heather, how cool is that!!!
We also got protested by Fred Phelps and family.  You know those crazy exuberant people from Topeka that protest soldiers funerals and stuff.

This is actually the second time that they have protested an event that I was involved in.  They also protested my graduation ceremony from the University of Kansas.  They also protested my husbands.  Honestly, I just have to pray for them and laugh!!

I also got to visit the Pottery Barn.  Picture me smiling like a little  kid.  The closest one to where I live is several hours drive, and for some reason they will not send me a catalog.  What is a girl to do?

All I got was the catalog.  Picture me frowning like a pouting preschooler.  The only things that I really wanted was all shiny and glass.  Not a great idea while traveling on a charter bus with 101 other women.  I am still pouting a little but I will get over it, there is always the catalog.  Right?

So that pretty much sums it up.  New friends, prayer, laughter, tears, and shopping sounds like a girls weekend to me!

Am I the only one out there that loves all things shiny.  I think that I must have been a raccoon in a past life, I love all things that sparkle and shine.  Tell me that I am not the only one.

If this is your first time here, Thanks so much for coming.  Feel free to leave me a comment,  I won't protest!

Sunny

PS.  So is there any Christmas preparations going on at your house?  Or am I the only one?

No comments:

Post a Comment