Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sunburst Tree Topper

Oh my I have been busy!  The old blog has been on autopilot.

I thought that I would check in and offer a little tutorial.  I want to show you how I made the sunburst tree topper that I made for my sisters Christmas tree.
So here is what I used:
2 packages of 100ct. bamboo skewers
3" mirror disk
brown spray paint
white school glue
fine brown glitter (I used Martha Stewart brand)
hot glue lots of hot glue
beaded strand
brown grosgrain ribbon

Here is what I did:
I made two tiers for points.  For the shorter tier I started with a 4 inch skewer and then cut two at 3 1/2 inch for either side of the 4 inch one.  I kept trimming skewers in 1/2 increments down to two and a half inches.  I glued down the 4 inch skewers then I glued down 2 1/2 inch skewers and then filled in between.  I found that this helps to keep the skewers spaced well.


Then I started to make the second tier.  I cut the long skewers to 8 inches down to 6 inches in 1/2 increments.  I glued down the 8 inchers behind the 2 1/2 ones, that way the long rays alternate.  Clear as mud right? 

So after the epic hot gluing I was pretty happy!  I then taped off the mirror part and spray painted it brown.  This took several coats.  Then I decided to add some beads around the mirror.  All I had available was a strand of bright red Christmas garland....?  where did those come from?  So I primed and spray painted that too, this didn't go very well.  When I painted it the red kept coming through.  Eventually I just moved on.

So I glued the beads down around the mirror.  They look good right?  Then I thought that it wouldn't be Christmas without glitter right?  So I thinned down some white glue with water and with a paint brush I brushed the glue on.  Then bring on the glitter.  Is there anything more fulfilling than glittering?  Well maybe but it definitely ranks!!

Finally I glued two strips of grosgrain ribbon to the back so that I could tie it to the top of the tree.

Ultimately I am on fire with how it turned out.  My only regret is that I didn't make one for my self, though it is always an option.

So glad that you came by to take a look!  Feel free to leave me a comment, it makes me feel all glittery!

Sunny 

3 comments:

  1. Selamat Bergabung Bersama Untuk Semua Member 3MPOKER

    3MPOKER .COM merupakan satu - satunya AGEN Poker Online Terpercaya di INDONESIA yang menyediakan permainan Online paling fair yang pernah ada di INDONESIA.

    3MPOKER MENYEDIAKAN PERMAINAN

    POKER ONLINE | LIVEPOKER | CEME | DOMINO | CEME KELILING | CAPSA | SUPER TEN 10 | OMAHA (NEW)

    BONUS YANG DI SEDIAKAN UNTUK SEMUA MEMBER 3MPOKER

    Bonus 5.000 setiap hari dengan minimal deposit 50.000 ( seumur hidup )
    Bonus 10% Untuk New Member (Bonus Diberikan berdasarkan deposit pertama)
    BONUS Cashback +0.3% - 0.5% dengan Minimal To 1.000.000-, ( Bonus Bisa Di Berikan Setiap Hari )
    Bonus Referral 10% - 15% (seumur hidup)
    Bonus Jackpot Hingga Puluhan Juta Rupiah ( Tanpa Syarat Apapun )
    Event Bulanan penuh bonus

    JADI TUNGGU APALAGI!!! BERGABUNG SEGERA DI 3MPOKER

    SEMUA BERKESEMPATAN MENDAPATKAN HADIAH !!!

    Link alternatif
    www. 3MPOKER .COM
    www. 3MPOKER .NET
    www. 3MPOKER .CLUB

    Info lebih lanjut kunjungi
    Livechat : WWW. KARTU3M .COM
    Facebook : 3MPoker Agen Terpercaya
    WA : +85569769389
    Line : cs_3mpoker
    BBM : D8A18181

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3MPOKER Menyediakan Bonus 5.000 setiap hari dengan minimal deposit 50.000 ( seumur hidup )

    FREE LUCKY SPIN SETIAP MINGGUNYA !!!

    Info lebih lanjut kunjungi
    Livechat : WWW. 3MPOKER.TOP
    Facebook : 3MPoker Agen Terpercaya
    WA : +85569769389
    Line : cs_3mpoker
    BBM : D8A18181

    ReplyDelete