Monday, December 5, 2011

Paperwhite Tablescape

I just finished my Winter/Christmas table scape and I wanted to share.  Since Layla over a The Lettered Cottage is hosting a table scape link party today I thought that today was the perfect day.

Last night at about 6:30 I decide that I needed to make a table runner...you know cause I can't find one that I like.  So I had this brilliant idea that was inspired by a piece of art on what else but the Pinterest.  I wanted to cut like a billion circles out of fabric that matched my Christmas decor, and arrange them all on a runner...sounds easy right?  Holy circles batman!!  What was I thinking?  6.5 hours later I had something that I didn't hate.
I used satin fabric in a few shades of silver, and gold, some Heat n Bond, and a Cricut.  OH, and all of the patience that I contain in my body!!!  I don't love long, intensive, drawn out projects, so needless to say I will never make another one.  The runner is a flat sheet...I thought that I had white fabric but by the time that I figured out that all my white fabric was in pieces, the kids were in bed, and the husband is 6000 miles away...a girl has to do what a girl has to do. Right! 

For the centerpieces I got some paper white bulbs, stuck them into some rocks in three matching glass containers, added water and have been watching them grow.  They don't look like much now, but I think that in a couple of weeks they will be stunning!!

I really wanted tall glass cylinders to plant them into, but I couldn't find any so this is what I used.  I am still pretty happy with it.  I got the idea from Rhoda at Southern Hospitality. 

Instead of using place mats I got square silver chargers from Target, I thought that with my 3 boys they would be better for mess containment, you feel me!?!

Added some glass taper holders, and tapers and voila!  Table scape done, YAY! 

Thanks so much for taking a look, feel free to leave me a comment.  I will read them when I am done picking up all of the paper circles on my basement floor!!

Thanks,
Sunny
The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment