Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My sparkly Christmas mantel

I am pretty head over heels happy with how my Christmas mantel turned out. The process actually started about 2 months ago.

I started to collect taper holders at thrift shops and the good old Goodwill. I wasn't to particular about the color just the shape. So I picked up a of mix of glass, wood, and mostly brass.


I quickly primed and spray painted the brass ones with some silver spray paint. They looked good. 
So my plan was to have glass and silver sparkly festive wonderfulness!  I also got two mercury glass bud vases that I turned into taper holder from the Pottery Barn.  I arranged all of my taper holders on the mantel then I put white lights underneath so that it is all uplit.  I added fresh greenery, and behold the magic!


 I added so epsoms salt to the bottom of the large hurricanes as vase filler.  It is sparkly and wonderful, I got the idea from Melissa over at The Inspired Room.

I am not lucky enough to have plug-ins on the mantel so there is always a cord hanging down (which drives me CRAZY!!!)  This year I could take it no more, so I took some fresh greenery and some grosgrain ribbon, and some hot glue and fashioned a homemade garland/cord disguise.  I like it better than the exposed cord!!

So there you have it, my Christmas mantel.  It is simply enchanting at night, and I just could not be happier!!

Thanks so much for taking a look,  feel free to leave me a comment.  I love them as much as I love my mantel!!
Sunny

I linked up with Rhoda over at Southern Hospitality,  she is hosting a Christmas Mantel link party!   Go check it out, it is chock full of Christmas wonderful!!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty mantel. I really like the way you pulled the miscellaneous candle holders together with paint and all white candles. Very PB and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mantle. The repetition of the same candle but different holders (in the same color)is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete