Sunday, October 23, 2011

31 Days to a Better Me day 23

So today I spent the day with my sister, her husband, my brother and wife, mother, and all of the children and nephews and 1 niece.  I know that I am way late with this post, but I think that you will understand.

My mother raised my brother, sister and I as a single mother.  When I was 12 she remarried and things were supposed to be happily ever after.  But 4 years ago shortly after buying a new house my step dad was diagnosed with cancer.  Two years ago he lost his battle. 

My mother is still trying to turn this house into her forever house, single handed.  Sometimes I get so involved in my life that I lose sight of her needs.  Sometimes she needs help, to accomplish her dreeams.

Thankfully, my sister recognized the fact that my mom needed help.  So today we all descended upon her house for a full on work fest! 

I spent the day priming, staining,  painting, sanding, and busting the chops of my siblings.  It was nice to be working as a unit.  I love being with them, and their children.

My mother was so thankful for the help, but I was thankful for the opportunity to spend more time with my family.   I need to make more time to spend with my extended family.  I realize as life goes on that nothing is guaranteed.  There is no guarantee of one more christmas, family dinner, or even tomorrow.  I want to spend as much time with them as I can.  I think that it would make me a better person

Since I can't post without a picture here is a picture of my hand. Do you ever feel like your hands are in a perpetual state of splattered paint, stain, spray paint etc.?  Or is that just me?

Yeah I am picking paint off as I type this post.  I know I am a weirdo.

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a comment.   Especially if you know how to paint and have a nice manicure too!

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment