Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Great Idea That Wasn't So Great

A couple of months ago I got this great idea to make a live and growing centerpiece for my table during the Christmas season.

So I got together my supplies and posted about it here.

As with most things I learned a thing or two through the process.

I have to say that I loved the way that it looked, and my kids and I really like watching them grow and change everyday.

However, there are a couple of things that I have to warn you about before you try this at home. 

I don't know if I didn't read the package, or just glazed over the details but these babies get tall.  I mean like over two foot tall, not so good for relaxing dinner conversation (as though dinner at my table with my three boys is ever relaxing!)  I wish I had taken a picture from my angle at the end of my table.  Every time the mister and I wanted to talk we had to lean over to see each other.  Inevitably we would play hide and seek a few times before we both leaned to the right side....It was STUPID!




Secondly, and this is where I am doing a real Public Service Announcement.....these flowers do not smell pretty!  Not just a little unpleasant... they smell like urine. 

When the flowers first started to bloom, my five year old asked his dad to tie his shoes.  So the hubs sat down at the table to tie his shoes and I heard him whisper to his son "did you have an accident at school?"  Of course my son exclaimed that he had not!  Later when I realized that it was the flowers that smelled like a latrine I had to laugh out loud.



Needless to say I don't think that I will be redoing this centerpiece.  I still think that it is a good idea....just maybe a different flower.  Overall I am glad with how it looked, and I am glad that I tried it.

So there you have it, I like to think that I will just continue to learn by mistake.  But hey...we all got a Public Service Announcement out of it!

Have a Great Wednesday!
Sunny

2 comments:

  1. Bummer, that they are stinky, you would have never guessed, they look so pretty. Your post is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog! Im happy I got a chance to stop and take a look! Have a good weekend! Im your newest follower!

    Mark @ room363

    ReplyDelete