Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Word of the Year

Layla wrote a post about her word of the year.  If you are unaware, the word of the year is a word that sums up your goals for the year.  It is fitting that you choose a word of the year at the beginning of the year versus in the middle or at the end, I think that it keeps you focused.  I guess that it is a lot like a resolution, but maybe more abstract and manageable.


I got to thinking about what I wanted my word of the year to be...I only had one that came to mind.  So here it is, are you ready?


Achieve.


I think that I always strive to achieve to be better, but this year that word has more meaning.  I want to achieve to be a better blogger, a better photographer, mother, I want to set goals and achieve them.  Isn't it a great word?


The last few years I have been busy being a mother.  The only thing that I was trying to achieve was to make it to the end of the day.  Not this year.  This is the year that I become more.  I really hope that you enjoy the ride, there is going a lot going on.


I have also made it a goal to run a marathon this year.  This is something that I really want to achieve.  I feel like the world is my oyster, I just need to dream it and then achieve it!
                                                                                 source
Sunny
I linked up to:


The Lettered Cottage

1 comment:

  1. great word! all the best to you as you achieve your goals in 2012!!!

    I posted my word of the year on my blog, if you wish to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete