Monday, February 13, 2012

Look What I Found This Morning.


This is what I found when I went outside this morning.

Which made me very happy for what I bought last week.

                                                                             source

It is the Columbia Whirlibird Parka.  It comes in many color options, but I got the black plaid. 

I have had the same Columbia coat for the last 11 years.  I bought it in college and have loved the way that it has performed.  But like most things I don't still like the same things that I liked 11 years ago.  So the past couple of years I have been wanting a new one, I knew that I wanted a dark color (my last one was sage green with light gray accents) I just couldn't find the perfect one.  Until this year I found the one shown above...it was the perfect one!!  I found it in the black Friday sale ads and I SOOOO wanted it.  The problem was that spending $200 on a coat just before Christmas didn't seem like the most responsible thing for me to do.  So I waited...I thought maybe Santa would bring it for me, but no.  Don't get me wrong I totally got spoiled, I got a new DSLR, table saw, and miter saw. 

So all through the month of January I lusted after the perfect coat, I wanted it so bad...but I didn't need it.  Then last week I was having an exceptionally bad day when I walked into a sporting goods store and there it was...my coat in my size....on SALE!!!  It was thirty percent off and it was the last one.  I quickly called the Hubs (knowing full well that I would be leaving the store with that coat) and of course he said yes!

It all seemed so perfect...like it had been a part of a divine plan, and that got me thinking.  There are a lot of times that I want something really bad for my home, and it used to feel so painful to have to wait to get it.  Sometimes I feel like I will never get all of the things that I want....but here it what I have realized.  I always get what I want, I just have to be patient.  My entire life I have always mystically been provided for.  It doesn't always come in the time that I think that it should, but I always get it.  The best part is that I usually get it at a bargain simply because I am willing to wait. 

So does that ever happen to you?  You find the exact thing that you have been wanting at the exact moment that you are able to obtain it?$$$  Have you been lusting after anything lately?  Or have you recently gotten something that you had to wait a little while for?

Have a great day...I think that I am going to not do house work and just take a nap with the little man on this snowy day.

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment